Topics in Early Childhood Education

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Passing the Torch

Time continues to slip past us at an incredible rate.  As we age, our perception is that time moves even faster.  Before we realize it, we take the place of our parents and soon we will observe our children taking our place.  When my aunt, the last of her generation, passed away last fall, my cousin turned to me and said, "Well, we're it now.  WE are the oldest generation."  When did that happened?  When did I become the 'oldest' guy around?  I watch my three children as parents worrying about their children moving into the teenage years. Wow!  Part of me laments at being older while the other part of me is happy that I don't have to raise teenagers again!
I had the opportunity to take my six grandchildren to my parents' grave recently.  I really wish that my parents could have known my children and grandchildren as they are now.  They are so interesting and individual. But, time marches on and I am happy to have been the bridge between these generations.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Professor Mom said...

Great blog!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger marcos bakerm said...

Early childhood education refers to the formal teaching of young children by people outside the family or in settings outside the home. "Early childhood" is usually defined as before the age of normal schooling.Copy The Blueprint Review

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Jennings said...

Great Blog,Keep the good work going,Thank you for sharing,
Montessori School in Bangalore

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous klinik aborsi said...

klinik aborsi
klinik aborsi jakarta
https://klinik-obgyn.com

Nice Info..Thanks before

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous promo tupperware said...

I have learn from your article easily it is benifit for me recomended other every readers

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous www.AslObatAborsiAmpuh.wordpress.com said...

www.AslObatAborsiAmpuh.wordpress.com

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Harga Obat Penggugur Kandungan said...

www.AsliObatAborsiAmpuh.wordpress.com

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the information, hopefully in the future could be more interesting and useful for all readers

ramuan tradisional penghancur batu empedu

pasca operasi batu empedu

pengobatan batu empedu dengan minyak zaitun

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Harga Resmi QnC Jelly Gamat said...

i like your post.
Harga Resmi QnC Jelly Gamat
Mengolah Manfaat Teripang Jadi Camilan dan Obat-obatan
Ternyata Teripang Dapat Dijadikan Sebagai Alternatif Untuk Pengobatan
Ini dia 6 Manfaat Dari Teripang Yang Bisa Di Dapat
5 Manfaat Teripang Untuk Kesehatan
6 Manfaat Gamat Untuk Kesehatan
Manfaat Gamat Untuk Kesehatan
Gamat Untuk Kesehatan
Manfaat Gamat atau Teripang
Fakta Tentang Teripang Untuk Kesehatan
QnC Jelly Gamat

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger AwaludinUser said...

Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once
cara mengatasi sakit kepala disertai telinga terus berdengung

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger dera said...

obat penguat rahim setelah keguguran

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Ewdekoracc jesocaru3875 said...

This article is one of a kind, so helpful.

klinik aborsi raden saleh
klinik aborsi jakarta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home