Topics in Early Childhood Education

Thursday, January 03, 2008

A New Year!


The beginning of a new year provides an opportunity for all of us to make a new start on improvements that we would like to make. My 17 month-old granddaughter has been staying at my house for a couple of days. Watching her explore new things and make new connections has reminded me how nice it is to have a fresh start to parts of our life. Of course I have some of the basic resolutions, such as eating healthier and losing a couple of pounds, but my goal this year is a little more dramatic. I would like to help even more teachers this year become appropriate in their approach to young children. I watch my granddaughter become excited and scream, "Keee," when she sees the kitty. I want to watch teachers and caregivers with that type of excitement when they discover appropriate approaches for children.

4 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starting a New Year is a wonderful opportunity for new goals and a fresh start. I like your goal of helping more teachers become more appropriate in thier teaching approach. Sadly enough, many teachers lose sight of what's appropriate for young children. I'm thrilled to be in your class once again, and I'm looking forward to the semester.
Kim W. FCS 5170

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love starting a new year. It's a little sad that we have to wait for this time of year to decide on resolutions for a more proserous and positive future. I completely and totally agree that teachers have lost sight of what's appropriate for the classroom. We all go in saying that we are going to be different, and i hope we all hold ourselves to it!! I feel that your new years resolution of helping the teachers regain that ecxcitement again, is truly a selfless and splended deed! I am looking forward to being in your class, so eventually i can lead by the example that you teach us!
Mandy M. FCS 5170

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a community college instructor, I really enjoy your blog. It's the only one that I have found specific to our field. I too am interested in helping teachers gain or regain that excitement! I am a fairly new grandma as well, and it is a real reality check on this and other topics. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Jean McGuire said...

Hello. While surfing ece presenters and material, I came across your name and wondered if you were available for workshops in the Denver Colorado area. I would love to talk about your skills and our needs and see if we could make something work. Please contact me.
Jean McGuire
Education Supervisor
jmcguire@ccdenver.org
303-308-1420 ext. 113

 

Post a Comment

<< Home