Topics in Early Childhood Education

Monday, July 30, 2007

Revisiting Kindergarten

Most of my presentations and workshops in the past two years have been dealing with preschool settings and teachers. I have been preparing to talk to kindergarten teachers in Houston this week and it has been fun to revisit much of my kindergarten training materials. I spent a big chunk of my teaching career in kindergarten and I dearly love it! I enjoyed visiting my granddaughter's kindergarten class this past year and I look forward to visiting another granddaughter's kindergarten class this coming year. The following year I will have a grandson in kindergarten. If I play my cards right, I will never have to leave. The kindergarten classroom was my favorite place to be when teaching...although college is pretty cool, too.

3 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger promoteyourblogforfree said...

nice blog

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Michelle M. 2330 said...

I am extremely excited to be studying to work with elementary students, I look forward to getting into the elementary education program. Currently, I work at the ASUU Childcare Center, where I am an assistant teacher to preschool age children ranging from 1 1/2 to 5 years old. I LOVE MY JOB!! I really cannot think of a job I would enjoy more than to be working with children. I have not yet chosen which grade I would like to teach, but that my preference would be from kindergarten to 4th grade. The children I teach are, although admittedly difficult at times, so lively and energetic and even I have something to learn from them. It is what I want to do, and I can understand your passion for it.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Vertina said...

I am currently working towards completing my degree in ECE. As part of my schooling, I have had the opportunity to observe several classroom. I really enjoyed observing the kindergarten classroom. This is an awesome age group to work with. My grandaughter is also in kindergarten. I plan to visit her school after the holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home