Topics in Early Childhood Education

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Crop

I was excited to run into some of my former students this past month. Most of them were graduating in early childhood and interviewing for teaching jobs. I was excited because last fall I worked with this wonderful group of early childhood teachers. I am encouraged because they know how to be developmentally appropriate in early childhood settings. My hope is that in their new classrooms they can hold onto those important objectives and not buckle under to peer pressure to become ditto factories and assembly lines. It can sometimes be a balancing act, but well worth it if you persevere. Children always learn more in appropriate settings. Research tells us the number one factor for a child learning to read is the attitude of the teacher. I think it works on more than just reading...

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find this encouraging because I have know of those in the field that are not developmentally appropriate. Reminding ourselves that our duty and jobs consist of more than just worksheets but hands on work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home