Topics in Early Childhood Education

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Fridge is Full Again

Three of my grandchildren just had a sleepover at our house this week. I love having them stay! We always have such a great time. My two granddaughters love to draw new pictures to display on the fridge. We have some new Silky Stick crayons that glide on easier than regular crayons. The two were excited about the new materials for drawing and coloring. As teachers, it is always a challenge to find new ways of teaching basic concepts. It is not unlike grandparents thinking of new ways to entertain. Thank goodness my early childhood years have given me a treasure chest to rely upon. Without those resources I may not have a well-decorate refrigerator door!

4 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Malonie Blue said...

Hi John
I, too, love to full my fridge with the creativity of children. Would love to see the finished fridge art.
Malonie

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a student entering into the field of education, I sometimes worry about how I will continue to find new and exciting ways to teach the basic concepts to my future students. Will I be creative enough to engage and capture each students interests? Will I be able to stay on top of all of the new supplies and trends available to teaching? Will I be able to truly "stock my own treasure chest" to its fullest capacity? However, when I stop and think for a second, I realize that yes, I will be able to do all of these things-- by listening to and knowing my students, drawing off of my colleagues knowledge, and by my own desire to constantly learn new methods-- I will be able to make learning fun and unique for all of my students!
- Hannah R. (FCS 5170)

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I don't have neither a fridge or even grandchildren (hopefully actually ...)... But I still have this same desire to give every children i will have in my class the chance to be themselves! I would like to become a Primary School Teacher ans as i am French, I am very excited to see how teachers teach here in the USA! I'm more than excited to be in your class to improve my skills to be the best teacher I can be! Education to me means more than Knowledge and Skills, it means Respect, it means how to live in a society, in a community, it means also how to BECOME what we want to be.
This day is very special for me, even if im not an American Citizen, the election of the 44th president of the USA is a message of HOPE and PEACE for people throughout all the entire world! And i would like to say to every single child in this world ... YES YOU CAN!
Finally, here are my 2 philosophies of way of living ...
"Live your dreams, don't dream your life !
"Smile to the life and life will give it to you back !"

Perrine BIGOT (FCS 5170)

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice

plzz visit my blog
http://www.parenting-wikipedia.blogspot.com
http://www.earlyhood.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home