Topics in Early Childhood Education

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The "P" Word

I was in California this week and I had the opportunity to help in my granddaughter's kindergarten class and my grandson's preschool class. Both experiences were delightful for me. Distance keeps me from seeing these grandchildren as often as I would like, so it was a special treat. At preschool, the letter of the week was "P." Seth was thrilled to have me attend school and be his very own "P" word. He calls me Papa. The experience reminded me about the many different ways that early childhood teachers try to teach basic skills. Oh, and we also went on a field trip...to Papa Murphy's Pizza Parlor...p...p...p!

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger John and Karen Drosinos said...

Hi!
I am and early childhood teacher and have reacently heard that doing a "letter of the week" was ineffective. With your credentials and experience, what do you think?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger John and Karen Drosinos said...

Sorry for the misspellings- my keyboard keeps sticking!:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home