Topics in Early Childhood Education

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snow, Snow, and more Snow...


We have had an abundance of snow and cold this winter. I think I am over it. I saw some young children making a snowman this morning and I remembered how I used to look forward to snow as a child. When our small town received lots of snow, we were blanketed for a while. I don't remember any snowplows, etc., so people used to try to clear their own path. I remember being pulled behind my dad's truck on an old car hood taboggan. A very dangerous thing to do (now that I reflect back), but it was a lot of fun. I guess I need to remember my child-like qualities and enjoy the snow while it is here. Hmmmm....I still think I am ready for spring.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember when i was younger when snow used to be so much fun to build snowmans with, go sledding on, and eat(don't tell anyone). but now that i'm older, i absolutely hate it and want nothing, but to stay inside and just look at it.
i wish i could be as carefree as i was only a few years ago and go outside during a heavy snowfall and act like a kid again.

Esther P.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love snow! I loved it as a child and I still do. I have so much fun dressing my Head Start children in their snow gear and heading outside. The children get so excited and we all come in with rosy cheecks and red noses. Then when we are through with lunch, we all are ready for a snuggly naptime! Theres nothing better than 20 sleepy children!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home