Topics in Early Childhood Education

Monday, September 08, 2008

No, Not Yet!


We just recently completed a deck that has been in the planning for several years. As I sit out under the tree that grows from the middle, I am not happy that fall is on the way. The temperatures are cooling and darkness is coming earlier all of the time. But, I have my deck and I want fall to stop coming for a while. I want to enjoy the lovely summer evenings outside. But, time will keep marching on. I had the same feelings about stopping time as my children continued to grow older. Now I feel it occasionally with my grandchildren. Can't she stay two for just a little longer? It is the nature of things to watch time pass. I guess our challenge to make sure each day is better than the last one.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Anners said...

Hello Prof. Funk!

Stopping by your blog for credit in class 4330.

btw
I am actually glad for fall. I love the cooler temperatures, but will miss the daylight as it gets darker earlier and earlier.

Thanks,
Annie Dow

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Funk,
Enjoy your fall! Our idea of fall in Texas is hurricane watching, preparing and evacuating.

After decades of professional mothering and all that is involved, I'm in my first year teaching Math to eighth graders. Fall without hurricanes sounds wonderful, even to a native Texan (which is saying something.)

After a year in alternative certification, I should have my certificate. Need any math teachers up your way?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home