Topics in Early Childhood Education

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It Is History!


Like many Americans, I had a hard time sleeping last night after hearing President-elect Obama's acceptance speech. His speech was filled with a challenge for future healing and a hope that America can get back on track as a land of promise. I felt the promise that we can make our country an even better place for our future generations. It is my hope that we can stop bickering about who can or cannot have basic civil rights. Instead, I think we should concentrate our efforts on making sure our children are fed, clothed, have basic health care and a quality educational system that provides the nourishment for being responsible and productive citizens. I'm encouraged that in many speeches Mr. Obama frequently stated that it is critical to have quality early childhood programs. I am currently in Dallas at the NAEYC National Conference. Thousands of early childhood educators are here for that very reason: to provide quality early childhood progams for children.
Yes, I didn't sleep much after that speech. It was historical in many ways and one that I hope will help the country rise to the occasion. We certainly need to do so for our children and grandchildren. I want the world to be an even better place for the generations of the future.

7 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Allison H. said...

I agree that it was a historical night. I don't know how I feel about Obama being President yet. But I'm glad the decision is made. I'm not convinced we had the best choices to chose from. Nevertheless, it's time to come together as a country and become an even better country! Democrat or Republician, we have to learn to work together.
Allison H. 1010

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you that our childrens furute is important to this country. I elive that we nee to give our children a quality education and teach them how to become better citizens. It's good to look at the past to see where the problems were and work to make sure the past doesn't recreate itself. I hope Obama can deliver a better chance to our youth for the sake of our countries future. I am confident he will make good choices on behalf of our country and our youth.

Heather S. TL1010

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne B. TL 1010
This was my first opportunity to vote in a presidential election and an experience I wasn't going to pass up. Being a first time voter, I found it my obligation to become as fully informed as possible; not just regarding presidential candidates, but senators and house of representative candidates as well. There were certain beliefs of the candidates that I would really research, and now being an education major, education was one of them. I thoroughly looked into how each candidate was interested in impacting education. It will be interesting to see with future President Barack Obama having young children, if education is at the forefront of his tasks.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is something that will have a great impact on the future of the children and even the career of many. I agree that we need to focus on the children they will be our future and I fell like the the focus is no quite on their future. Hopefully with Obama we can accomplish this. With support of the nation and all the new teachers we can help make the difference in the children's futures.
Amanda L 1010

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really nice to have the decision made and a new president elected. The speech given by Obama was great. I think he is the change our country needs and the type of leader our country needs. I think he is a great inspiration. I am hoping that the basic civil right for everyone will be something that one day soon can be achieved.
There needs to be more of a focus on education and getting our children the things they need to have a successful life. Our children deserve it as well as the future generations.
Debbie T&L 1010

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Lealia said...

I think that President elect Barack Obama will do a great job as president. I also know how concerned he is about making sure that all children have an education and how important it is to make college affortable to all that want to attend. He also believes that teachers need to get a pay raise. I also agree with that as well.

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous early childhood programs said...

I agree with Lealia Comments!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home